Tuesday, December 15, 2015

It's funny how quickly we have to go back to our regularly scheduled lives. This week will be a whirlwind just when I thought things would settle down. Yesterday I Christmas shopped for the first time this year. I did get quite a bit done in several hours plus the grocery store. I did that on no breakfast as I was out of food! Today Molly goes to the vet that I have been putting off because of hubby. Tomorrow I go back to the cemetery as they want their money. (Grinches) Thursday I will try to finish the shopping and Friday I go to Social Security. I hope to decorate in the evenings and do the thank you cards. I have Christmas cards I have made in the past and in an Online Class and will use those. As I post some pictures of them they may be cards I've had on my blog before. There just is a time crunch right now. Molly and I are getting along. I think because there is so much to do and I haven't come to terms yet since hubby's passing was so unexpected to happen that quickly. I'm glad to keep busy. Be kind to one another and say I love you everyday.




9 comments:

Greta said...

Life does go on though never the same without a loved one. So glad you have Molly! Some people don't understand the relationship we have with out furbabies--their loss. Just remember I'm a phone call away whenever you need an ear, my friend. Warm hugs still surround you--Greta

Greta said...

And this is a beautiful, classic card!

MaryH said...

Brenda, it's a beautiful card with such classic style! I'm glad you had the online cards for now. I did some of that same thing! I've not even looked at the videos of that last Christmas class, so perhaps while we're away, I can catch that up. I'm so happy for you that you have your sweet little Molly to keep you company. Don't stress with the cards, etc, just now - UNLESS it helps you get through what you must. If it is just one 'more thing' you feel you have to do, well, then you do what relaxes you. Know that we are thinking of you...and proud of your strength as you face all this trial at the moment. Big hugs.

Lisa said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Brenda. Staying busy is probably the best thing you can do right now...just don't wear yourself out. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Colleen said...

Beautiful card, friend! Keeping busy is good and I am so glad you have Molly to keep you company and to give you a reason for going outside and walking and talking care of yourself...and it is okay to talk to her too!! * wink* Sending cyber hugs!!

Mrs A. said...

I'm so glad that you not only have Molly for company but have someone that still relies on you. I'm sure Molly misses your Hubby /her friend too. Your card looks lovely. Sending you big virtual hugs Bredna. Thinking of you. Mrs A.

Darnell said...

Hi, Brenda. I'm sorry I missed your call. I'm sure you will be running around taking care of grinchy things for a couple of weeks at least and then the holiday will keep you busy. It sounds like you are hitting the shopping like a pro - I could use you to help me shop for the twinks!

I love your card! When you make a classic card like this, I think it's timeless. I'm excited for you to be going through your cards, sending them out, donating them, or upcycling them into new designs when you feel like it. You have a lot to work with!

I'll give you a buzz soon. The Mister reinjured himself, so things are a bit tense here! Love and hugs to you, Darnell

Liz said...

A beautiful, classic card, Brenda.

Glad to hear you're keeping yourself busy and you have Molly to keep you company. Take care. Liz xx

Di said...

Hi Brenda! I'm sorry that your last couple of posts slipped past me, but I came looking anyhow :) AS others have said, it's a period of adjustment for you so just do what you feel able to do - and also what you want to do rather than what you feel you ought to do! No doubt you and Molly are quite a team - together you'll help one another along I'm sure.

I love your card - as someone already said, it's a timeless classic - beautiful!

Hugs

Di xx