Monday, October 28, 2024

Glitter painting on acetate

Many years ago I swore off of using glitter. Because this is Group of Seven Cardmakers I wanted to participate and make a card with this technique.

 It went wrong from the start. I cut two images with white cardstock. Glued one on the acetate and got glue everywhere. Then I glued the second image to the first so I would have groves to add the glue. The frame was so thin that was another chance to get more glue everywhere I missed the first time. Now to the glitter. That wasn't hard but there was a new issue. People with COPD cough sometimes out of nowhere with no warning. When you have glue in one hand and glitter in the other, you don't want to cough. Do you see where this is going?  Yep, I coughed and glitter went everywhere. There is still some left on the acetate that I couldn't get off. That's where this card ends. I added it the GO7 so you could see things don't always go smoothly when making cards. Now I remember why I don't use glitter.

If a plant is sad do other plants photosympathise with it?




Be kind to one another.




3 comments:

Loll said...

I feel your pain ... glitter is messy to work with and having unexpected coughing can make it worse. In the end, your card is lovely. I bet the sparkle is so pretty Brenda. So happy you gave this a go, my friend. xx

Julia Aston said...

I can just see all of that happening to you (or me!) with the glitter and glue everywhere - good for you for posting your efforts - it is a sweet card with the simple tulip and pretty green background! Julia xx

Liz said...

It's still a lovely card Brenda, but I had to smile as I read your post about the glue and glitter. xx