Sunday, April 28, 2024

Elegant Writer

This month our Group of Seven Cardmakers are using an Elegant Writer pen on our cards. It gives amazing results and I want to try other colors than just black later on. Please check out all the cards the ladies made this month. I think you will enjoy them.

I used a Penny Black tree stamp for my first card and just outlined some of the wider parts of the stamp, then touched the places I outlined with a wet paintbrush. I should have outlined a few more places to get more color to spread. I added a small die cut bird in red cardstock.

The second card uses a Woodware stamp with a bit more outlining. Then I used the Elegant Writer to color in the stamp.  I did use a touch of red on the berries and lightly touched it with the wet paintbrush. My first Christmas card and I haven't put sentiments on the cards yet. 

I hope you'll join us and add your cards too.

The farmer lets walkers cross the field for free. The bull charges.

I am so sorry about not adding my cards to my post! With everything going on around here I just spaced it. I wanted to make sure I got the cards made and on the group of seven blog. I haven't spent much time online lately. Thanks for all who emailed and mentioned it to me. Love you all.







Be kind to one another.




10 comments:

Carol L said...

OK, I'm anxious to see your cards but I don't see any of them in this post? I will check back later to see if they magically re-appear! LOL

Julia Aston said...

I saw your lovely cards over at GO7 Brenda - LOVE that big card filling tree with the red cardinal and the lovely globe - two beautiful samples using the Elegant Writer (you need to post your cards here too!) Julia xx

Christine Alexander said...

Two great cards Brenda, the Town of Bethlehem is so pretty ♥

Susan said...

Brenda, I can see your cards on the Group of Seven blog, but not here on your blog! They are both lovely. I have a Bethlehem stamp that you've inspired me to try with the Elegant Writer.

Donna W. said...

Wow, gorgeous cards. I love the touch of red you've added on each one.

Loll said...

Beautiful cards using the Elegant Writer pen, Brenda. I hope things have settled down and you can relax and have some play time. Love you, Loll

Carol L said...

I'm back again to see your pretty cards! That little cardinal is fabulous in the trees, and I just had a real one land on my deck railing a couple days ago. They are such beautiful birds aren't they? I really like the little town of Bethlehem too with a hint of red. Great job using that elegant writer pen!

Bonnie said...

I love your results on both of these cards, Brenda! That little red bird is just the pop of color with your Elegant colored trees! The writers are perfect for coloring the town of Bethlehem on the second card!

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, two lovely cards, love the colours you had bleed out of the pen. Thank you for the inspiration... Megan

Trina P. said...

These are so elegant (pun intended)! Love the pop of red on the first.