Thursday, March 28, 2024

Cover Die Eclipse

This month our Group of Seven Cardmakers are making cards using cover dies over a stamped image. The look is great and so easy. I went to some older Stampin' Up red rubber stamps for my images. The first card uses SU Wonderful Romance colored with Copics. The cover die is from Gina Marie that comes with two cover dies but I only used one. I stamped the image on two panels and colored both, then cut one with the cover die and matched the design and glued together. The second card is a SU  stamp called Blessed Easter. I stamped it in black ink and cut with a cover die from Frantic Stamper, matched it up and glued over the first panel.  The sentiment is from Poppy Stamps. I will add a sentiment to the first card when I use it. 

Don't let other people rain on your day. It's your day, rain on it yourself.






 



Be kind to one another.




11 comments:

Darnell said...

Haha. Okay then, I will! Love your choices and makes with this technique, Brenda! I think the photo of that pretty yellow bouquet is the best one I've seen that shows the depth and alignment, especially after I clicked to enlarge! Happy Easter! Love, Darnell

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful CAS designs Brenda! I love the two different cover dies you used. The first is so pretty with the green and orange - and the second is elegant, uncolored and framed in black! Wishing you a Blessed Easter! Julia xx

Loll said...

Two lovely cards using the technqiue, Brenda. You've really shown the depth of the die-cuts with your photos. Lovely designs, sweet friend. xx

Christine Alexander said...

two beautiful cards Brenda, those flowers are gorgeous and the eclipse die cut has really made them stand out. This was such a fun technique :)

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, two beautiful cards, love your colouring on the first, looking forward to trying this technique out. Thank you for the inspiration... Happy Easter... Megan

LesleyG said...

Your cards are so pretty, and you’ve showcased how you can use smaller designs with this technique to such great effect, thank you! Xxx

Carol L said...

I'm loving both your cards created with this technique and how pretty each one turned out. Now I need to give this technique a try one day soon myself. Have a wonderful and very blessed Easter weekend!

Mrs A. said...

Two lovely cards using this technique. One I have yet to try for myself. Non stop rain here whether I want it or not. Hugs mrs A.

Bonnie said...

You had perfect cover dies for this technique, Brenda! Love the colored design and the black and white are classic and perfect for any occasion! Thank you for the beautiful Easter card. It's even prettier in person. Easter blessings to you, my friend!

Greta said...

Such a great technique I've got to do! Love both your cards, especially the 2nd one which I'm so enjoying!

Trina P. said...

These are beautiful! Such a fab technique.