Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Water coloring

In keeping with my resolution to learn to water color, I made this birthday card. Now I need to work on shading but I'm okay with this card. I used a Katzelkraft stamp and stamped in black and embossed in clear embossing powder. I water colored his green outfit. His face and bunny were colored with Copics. The sentiment was embossed also and several layers of green cardstock were die cut for birthday. 

I've been starting spring cleaning. Let me give you my take on it. You dust and it comes back. You scrub the kitchen floor, then drop stuff on it. You clean the bathroom and immediately get water spots in the sink and shower and on the mirror. Not to mention what stains the toilet. You wash windows - no reason to, it just rains and the wind blows it onto the windows. You vacuum, that's where the dust goes. There is no point in doing any of that. You make a card - it stays like that forever. You decide.




Be kind to one another.




17 comments:

Trina P. said...

๐Ÿ˜‚ Agree with your spring cleaning outlook! *lol*๐Ÿ˜‚

Cute and fun card! Wonderful watercoloring to keep with your goal.

oldpunca said...

My decision is clear: making cards. :-)
I like your card. Cute motive with nicely water colored outfit and great design.
Don't exaggerate with spring cleaning. :-)
Take care and stay safe! Hugs, Sonja

pam said...

Wonderful card Brenda! fabulous image and colours
Pam x

Donna W. said...

Really cute card. You are doing great with the watercoloring. I'm with you on the cleaning. Would much rather be crafting

Christine Alexander said...

Try house cleaning with two Golden Retrievers :) I gave up years ago, I'll wait till we move before the major spring clean (which won't be any time soon).
Great card and well done with the water colouring ♥

Carol L said...

Not only do I like this cute whimsical card, I like your take on cleaning too! My dust bunnies keep multiplying so quickly, it's hard to keep up with them! Scrub the kitchen floor and one of us always drops something on it shortly afterward. Murphy's law!

cotnob said...

A super card Brenda, a fun image and great sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bonnie said...

I love your thinking, Brenda! I think I'll stick with cardmaking and forget the cleaning. Love this mad scientist! Great shading!

Maria said...

LOL, so true about cleaning!! Making cards is so much more fun!! Your magical card is so fun and cute!! Great color and shading!! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!!

Brenda said...

This is a cute card Brenda! You have watercolored this little guy's jacket perfectly to me. Ummmm, I chose creating over cleaning. lol Wasn't always like this though, but I'm older now and could care less about the dust. I mean, we aren't wallowing in filth, so who cares?! A great post Brenda! Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

I will make a card any day to cleaning! It is a never ending battle so I opt with the card making more and more now. LOL I love the way your card looks too. Great job on the watercoloring!

Darnell said...

This is such fun design, Brenda! This is going to make someone's birthday and your watercoloring is really great! I know how happy it makes you to have tackled this goal! As for housecleaning, pffft! Where's my mug of wodka? Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

I'm with you about cleaning ... card making makes much more sense, right??!! :) Your card is adorable. Great watercolouring on his outfit! xx

Mac Mable said...

Fun post Brenda and so true x. What a fun and fabulous card x.

Greta said...

I totally agree--just make cards! Yours is adorable, Brenda!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a delightfully fun card! Way to go the watercolouring!

Autumn Zenith ๐Ÿงก Witchcrafted Life

Mrs A. said...

Absolutely no contest then!! Hugs Mrs A.