Wednesday, April 25, 2018

I'm getting a start on making birthday cards for my May birthdays. My youngest grandson has really taken to golf in a big way. My oldest grandson is into it too, as are my sons. It comes from my hubby and I wish he was here to see how much his grandsons love the game. It was Bills passion. My youngest has caddied for the past two years at a country club and will again this year.  In addition, he will be working at another course getting the carts out and doing whatever needs to be done. He is also on the JV golf team at his high school.

The reason for this story is to show you the card I made for him. The cover for this card is leather like that I made from watching a video from https://www.frenchiestamps.com/ on May 20th. She used a leaf e/f and I did too only because there are so many trees on the golf course so it went with the theme. Inside is a golf  stamp and sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms, an older company no longer in business.  I colored with Copics. I think he will get a kick out of it. Be kind to one another.





12 comments:

Greta said...

How wonderful the guys are carrying on the love of golf! I know Bill is with them. Absolutely wonderful card with the gorgeous front & adorable inside! Sending hugs to you, Brenda!

Lisa said...

I was so busy admiring the amazing cover and then I glanced at the next picture and couldn't stop laughing!! That golf nut it too cute!! Totally makes me smile!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cotnob said...

A brilliant card for your grandson Brenda, such a fun image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cathy said...

Wow! The front of the card looks amazing Brenda, gorgeous texture and the image inside is a hoot! I think it's wonderful that your family shares a passion for something, and golf is a great game, Cathy x

MaryH said...

Well DONE, on the leather technique. I've watched some videos on this, but never tried it. Love the EF you chose - it's pretty and works great for the theme of the golfers in your family. The inside golf nut is just cool, and your young grandson is going to love this! You're doing so many different techniques these days...very proud of you & your fantastic results too. TFS & Hugs

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, a wonderful leather look card for your grandson, I bet he will love the fun image inside. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cute! I think I only have one golfer in the family but this would be a great design for him.

jimlynn said...

The golf stamp is so cute and I love the cover for the card too! Great idea to use the leaf theme as there really are lots of trees on a golf course. He's going to love this card Brenda!
Lynn

Sue said...

Your leather technique looks great, Brenda. Very cute golf stamp!

Mrs A. said...

You have mastered that leather technique perfectly. Love the peanut golfer. Slowly getting back to rights after my triple hacking but still looking over my shoulder at every turn. Hugs Mrs A.

Mia said...

I love your leather card, Brenda. I watched the video tutorial, it is very interesting. Your grandson's card is gorgeous, I am sure he will be excited! Kisses, my friend.

Darnell said...

Haha, what a fun and funny image and sediment! He will love it, Brenda! And I'm loving that leatherish finish you achieved! It's awesome! How cool that all the men love golf just like Bill! Genetics!! Hugs, Darnell