Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I'm just here today to update my blog but no cards. I have been visiting Nursing Homes. It is getting close to time I think.  Also talking to the VA again. One of the places said VA Benefits is completely different than the VA administration. Duh. I guess no one thought to mention that. I still don't think we will qualify but if you aren't at home any longer you might be eligible. So I'm waiting for them to call me back. I don't think anyone answers the phone anymore. You leave a message and maybe they will call you back. Or NOT.  The director of NH also mentioned speaking to an elderlawyer about splitting the assets. I don't know what that means so I'm making an appointment as well. After touring one place, they suggested Assisted Living. Theirs is run by points instead of charging by each thing for what they have to do for the person. As long as the person can feed themselves and get from the bed to a wheelchair without help from two helpers they can be in AL. It is not quite as expensive monthly and he could be moved into long term care or memory care from there.

I have had three months of steady something. I don't know if it is just a cold or more. I have COPD and I have coughed so hard these last few months it wears me out. I have been on a zpack but that doesn't seem to help. I go to the pulmonary Dr. Friday and I'm anxious to see what he says. I think if I felt good I could work better with hubby. It's all I can do to get him showered and dressed. He is having bathroom issues so that requires me to clean and mop the bathroom every single time and that is wearing me out. I'm just plum tired. I'm hoping the Dr. can help me feel much better and then I can do whatever needs to be done for hubby.

I left my camera at our son's when we went for Easter. I feel like a limb is missing. I haven't had the energy to make a card but still would like to share the cards I got for Easter. Soon, I hope. Be kind to one another.

12 comments:

Di said...

Email on the way chick!

Love, Di xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

Thoughts and prayers for you, sweet friend. You have so much on your plate right now. When you feel better and things settle down, we need to do lunch. Take care of yourself, too! HUGS!

Di said...

Hi Brenda, it's Di again. I can't find your email address - sigh.

What I wanted to say is that you truly do seem to be working yourself to a standstill. And that's no good to your or your husband - at this rate you'll end up in adjoining rooms in a care facilty! Do see your Doc. - and whatever you have to decide about a care facility/nursing home will be right I'm sure. Just such a shame about all the red tape :(

Keep your chin up Brenda!

Love and hugs

Di xx

alexandra s.m. said...

I wish you the very BEST Brenda!
HUgs~

Lisa said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Brenda. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue - said...

I agree with Di- you need to look after yourself too. Hope the Dr can help you and you get a nursing home sorted soon. Sending hugs!

Mrs A. said...

Totally agree with everything Di has said. Hope you can get sorted out with the Dr for yourself. Hugs Mrs A.

Colleen said...

Brenda, you definitely have hard times now and more to come as decisions are made. I am glad you are seeing the doctor and taking care of yourself...you certainly aren't any good to anyone when you are sick too! I am keeping you and hubby in my prayers as always. Lean on Him...let Him carry you for awhile! so glad you have good sons who can help out. God Bless...hugs!

Darnell said...

Thank you for the update, Brenda. I would call you, but I'm afraid it would make you cough, especially if I get you chuckling. My heart goes out to you with all you are dealing with right now. I so wish I lived closer to help in some way. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you move on to the next chapter - a difficult one, to be sure. I hope you are comforted by the fact that you have friends inside your computer who care very much about what's going on and who wish you all the best. Love and hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Big prayers that all this research will result in a viable solution for you & your DH. I'm glad the VA mentioned that you might be able to get some help too. I think the split assets is so that when one spouse goes into care, that the other half still has rights to at least half of the family assets. Do check this with your attorney or some legal person - it sounds very important to know your facts on this one. Big hugs. I know you need one!

Greta said...

You're an amazing woman, Brenda! So much to deal with & being sick--can't imagine managing it all. I so hope you're feeling better soon & you get the help you need. Out here Senior Disability Services, by county, has helpful information regarding resources/options & so do some Assisted Living Facilities that specialize in dementia. Indiana may be totally different, though. My thoughts are with you.

Brenda said...

I'm so sorry it has been so long since I last visited Brenda. You are one amazing woman my friend. You have so much on your plate my friend, yet you keep marching forward doing it all. I wish I was close by to help you out. We both know what it is like being the care giver, but you have it tougher than I do! I hope you get some help for hubby and for yourself and please take care of you too!! Big Hugs, Brenda